Being from Seattle means two things: I feel at home when it rains and I love seafood, especially salmon. Since the I haven’t lived on the West Coast for over seven years, I’ll always find an excuse to make something that reminds me of home. A friend’s mom used to make these for us when we were kids. They’re great as after school snacks, appetizers, or even party treats.
Being in the military, spur of the moment get-togethers are inevitable. Usually, it’s a party moving from the squadron to our house on a Friday afternoon. I can’t complain. We love entertaining. Luckily, this one is a snap to throw together!
- Pre-sliced, thinly cut smoked salmon
- Cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat, but regular would taste just as good)
- Wheat thins (I use reduced fat – you could also use Saltine crackers, Ritz crackers, Triscuits, etc)
- Smear thin layer of cream cheese on cracker
- Tear off piece of smoked salmon and place on top
The good news: if half the squadron is on their way over to your house, now you have a sure fire way to impress them. The bad news: these are basically bite sized, so plan on making a few dozen of the little dears. Cheers and happy entertaining!