It’s two months into my hodgepodge blogging adventure and I’m so thrilled to announce that at my friends over at Todaycommai have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
To be honest, I didn’t even know that blogs had awards. Oops! Just shows how much of a rookie I am 🙂 I’m so incredibly honored to accept this award. Many thanks to Charkie, Arkie, Jarkie and Markie for thinking of me!
Before we get to the good stuff, here are the rules:
- Display the award on your blog
- Mention/link the people who nominated you
- Nominate another 15 bloggers who you feel should be given this award
- Inform them you have nominated them
- Write 7 facts about yourself
Seven Hodgepodge Facts About Me
- When I was 18, I went on a mission trip to Ukraine. We’re not sure how or why, but when within a few months of coming back home, doctors discovered a tumor in my left thyroid which was then later removed. So now I only have half a thyroid and a sweet scar on my neck to prove it!
- I’ve studied three languages – Spanish, Russian and German. My favorite by far is German. More than anything I’d love to be multilingual. If I had enough time to devote entirely to studying languages, I’d want to speak German and French fluently – German because of mine and Max’s family heritage and French because it just sounds so romantic 🙂
- I played soccer for just about 14 years. It’s still my favorite sport (World Cup 2014 Brazil!), but I rarely get to play. Sometimes I miss it.
- In addition to blogging, I also enjoy writing in my spare time. Last year, I wrote a 90,000 word novel. (Grad school, a move across the country and a wedding kind of slowed the editing process). Sometimes being a perfectionist is a bad thing – I’ve nearly rewritten half of the book at this point.
- I met my wonderful husband, Max, in college. It was the summer before our junior year. We were both glider instructor pilots and met at an airfield. Our first date was at Panera. That’s probably why we love that restaurant so much!
- Historical fiction is my favorite genre to read. Anything by Philippa Gregory or about Cleopatra, Marie Antoinette, Elizabeth Woodville or Georgiana Cavendish has a special shelf in my bookcase at home.
- My favorite TV shows are Friends, Smallville, The OC and How I Met Your Mother. Three of the four have already ended (so sad!) and now HIMYM is in its final season; I need a replacement show or else I’ll be stuck watching a lot of reruns!
There are several blogs that I gravitate to each evening when I get home and scan through new posts. And the winners are (in no particular order)…
- Fashionably Kate
- Christie’s Garden
- The Ambitious Fox
- Chocolate Covered Race Medals
- Average Nobodies
- Another Bite of the Cherry
- The Hungry Nurse
- PNW Runner
- Not So Desperate in the City
- Life Happens
- Cassa Runs
- i like margarine
Happy Wednesday everyone! Halfway to the weekend 🙂