My passion for working out has been reignited and it’s all thanks to spinning. At my last class, our instructor was listing numerous reasons for why spinning is an excellent workout. I thought I’d list a few of my favorite, just in case you’re on the fence about giving spinning a try.
- Spinning builds long, lean muscle in your quads, hamstrings, thighs, calves and butt
- It’s an absolute calorie blast. I’ve never burned less than 600 calories in an hour long class. Talk about a great workout!
- It’s a quick firming solution if you’re in a pinch. I think it’s impossible to leave a spin class without feeling rock hard leg muscles. After one class, my legs felt more like granite than after even my longer runs. Maybe it’s because my body has grown accustom to running, who knows?
- Spinning is promotes heart health. Not only does it lower cortisone levels, torch fat, build muscle and release endorphins, it also mixes it up by alternating between both anaerobic and aerobic training.
- It’s a low impact workout for your knees and feet, similar to a swim workout.
- Spinning is a total body workout. Every time I feel a burn in my lower extremities as well as my abs, back and arms.
Have I convinced you yet? 🙂 Can’t wait for my two spinning classes this week! Yessss!!