I’ve been nominated for another award – the Liebster Award! Many thanks to Tanisha over at myknottedlife for nominating me! I’m so incredibly honored and can’t wait to share the love with other bloggers.
I say love because “liebster” is derived from the German word lieben, which means to love. Loosely interpreted, it can also mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, or beloved. So a Liebster Award is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.
So again, many thanks to Tanisha for nominating me! I’m so completely thrilled.
Without further delay, the rules for receiving and accepting this award:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the questions Tanisha gave me:
1. If there were one item you couldn’t live without, what would it be?
Sounds silly, but I think I’ve watched one too many survival shows because the first thing I thought of when I read this was a water purifier or matches! So I’m going to go ahead and assume that I’m not stranded on some deserted island and I need survival gear. With that being said, the one thing I couldn’t live without is music; on a broader level, I’d say I couldn’t live without Pandora. Music is the soul’s soundtrack and all genres are inspiring. To go through life without music would be torturous.
2. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
This one’s easy. Top three things for me are 1) have one of my books get published 2) run a marathon 3) open my own shop one day.
3. If you could live a day in the life of someone else, who would it be and what would you do?
There are several people I would love to spend a day as. Choices, choices. If I could live a day in the life of someone else, I would be Cleopatra. I would love to see ancient Egypt and the lifestyle people led all those thousands of years ago. I would go on a cruise down the Nile.
4. If you could have any job and not have to worry about money, what would you do?
Florist. I would totally be a florist. I know it’s hard work, but at the end of the day, you’ve created a masterpiece that shares in both joy and sorrow. Flowers are so simple, but their effect reaches out to touch so many people: on their wedding day, anniversary, as an apology, or at a funeral. It’s a job that I feel is often overlooked despite it’s huge impact.
5. If you found out the world was ending tomorrow, what would you have for dinner tonight?
My husband would be so ashamed, but I’d totally have a big juicy steak and a gallon of ice cream 🙂 What can I say? Ice cream is my weakness and I rarely indulge in my cravings. But if the world is ending tomorrow, then psh – bring on the ice cream and alot of it!
6. Who did you “marry” on the playground growing up?
Honestly, I dont think I married anyone on the playground as a kid. I was a super huge tomboy who was always competing with boys, not daydreaming about them. Who was the fastest runner or could play kickball the best. That was me.
7. What’s on your Christmas/Hanukkah wish list this year?
My wish list consists of everything that wasn’t purchased from our wedding registry (there’s only a few lingering items that I’m too stubborn and cheap to purchase, but desperately want!) and a few tools to expand my building endeavors. Specifically in the tool department, I’d like a nail finisher and a jigsaw. (Dearest husband of mine, if you’re reading this blog all the way from Afghanistan, please take note of the sentence before this, mkay?)
8. What is your favorite family tradition?
Every year, our two families always get together for the holidays. Thanksgivings are spent in Montana at Max’s parent’s house and Christmases are spent in Seattle at my parent’s house. There’s always lots of wine, card games, laughs with family, good times with family and a crackling fire to keep us all warm. What more could you ask for, right? That’s why I was kind of sad about the holidays this year. With Max deployed, it’s the first time in literally 6 years that we’ve broken with tradition. Nothing has been the same this year; it doesn’t even feel like the holidays without Max here.
9. What is one thing no one would know just by looking at you?
Somedays I prefer to be carelessly creative, whether that’s via writing, building or blogging, as opposed to a rigid, cutthroat program manager.
10. If you could redo any moment in your life, what would it be?
I have no regrets. I may complain every now and then about the military and being geographically separated from Max, but I wouldn’t change a thing. I think every decision you make in life has a rippling effect. In the words of my favorite novel (Vanity Fair),
“Are not there little chapters in everybody’s life, that seem to be nothing, and yet affect all the rest of the history?”
What if I picked an inconsequential moment from high school to go back and redo and that resulted in me never meeting Max? Oi! That would be terrible.
Just about halfway there. Hopefully I haven’t lost anyone 🙂 The ten blogs I nominate are:
Alright hodgepodgers, almost done. I truly hope you choose to participate and share the love. Here are your ten questions:
- What’s the most memorable moment in your life so far?
- What’s the best book you’ve read?
- What’s your favorite season of the year?
- What’s a hobby that you’d like to pick up one day?
- What’s the best vacation you ever took?
- What’s your favorite Sunday breakfast?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you could be any character from any book, movie or TV show, who would it be and why?
- What superpower would you want and would you use it for good or evil?
- What’s your favorite CD from high school?
I hope you all accept your Liebster awards and I can’t wait to see your responses!