Yesterday I posted on Olive Garden’s Chicken and Gnocchi soup. The night I made that soup for Max, I also tried out another Olive Garden recipe: their Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo Pasta.
My small apartment kitchen was literally a regular Italian hotspot. I was prepping and cooking for about two hours. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. All that hard work paid off because we had yummy restaurant quality leftover for a few days. Totally worth it!
- 2 pounds of steak, cut up into 3-5 ounce pieces
- 1 pound of fettuccine pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Dressing
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup imported romano cheese, grated
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tbsp. gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
General Directions (See steak marinade, sauce and balsamic glaze directions below)
- Marinade steak according to directions below
- Prepare balsamic glaze according to directions below
- Prepare Alfredo and Spinach Gorgonzola sauce according to directions below. Cook 1 pound pasta according to package directions. Place drained pasta in pan with heated Alfredo and Spinach Gorgonzola sauce. Mix together well
- While pasta is cooking, grill steak to preferred doneness.
- Serve pasta first and then place grilled beef over pasta and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese. Enjoy!
Steak Marinade Directions
- Cut beef into 3-5 ounce pieces and set aside
- Mix the Italian dressing, rosemary and lemon juice together
- Add the marinade to the beef, toss, and marinade for at least one hour
Alfredo and Spinach Gorgonzola Sauce Directions
- Mix milk, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, and egg yolks together. Heat through thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the green onion, chopped baby spinach and gorgonzola cheese. Heat through
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, water and brown sugar. Simmer until thickened. Cook to room temperature
I know there are quite a few steps and the ingredient list is rather lengthy, but this is honestly a simple recipe to throw together. Not to mention, it’s yum, yum, yum! Super delicious! See? Max loved his pasta 🙂