Valentine’s Day. The most romantic
day night of the year. This year was Max’s and mine first Valentine’s since 2011. Oh the joys of a long distance relationship. Boo.
Needless to say, I wanted our holiday to be especially special this year. Not only did I make red velvet brownies, I also whipped up some chocolate covered strawberries. They were inexpensive to make, tasted fantastic and had that homey-made-with-love factor. Honestly though, they took about 10 minutes and completely dazzled Max. Bonus!
It was just the right amount of cheesy for the world’s most romantic holiday.
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 box of strawberries
- Wash strawberries and dry thoroughly. Cut off stems and set aside
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat milk chocolate chip pieces for 1 minute or until melted. Make sure you don’t overheat them as chocolate will become less pliable. In another microwaveable bowl, heat white chocolate chip pieces
- Line two plates with parchment paper – one for the milk chocolate strawberries and one for the white chocolate strawberries. Divide strawberries in half. Grasp a strawberry firmly and dip into milk chocolate bowl. Set onto first plate. Repeat until all strawberries are covered
- Take a spoonful of white chocolate and drizzle over the milk chocolate covered strawberries. Repeat with the milk chocolate and drizzle over the white chocolate strawberries
- Set plates in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so chocolate can firm up. Eat within a day